ZenGengo supports the recording of audio and speech recognition on all compatible devices and browsers.
Audio recording and speech recognition both require you to connect a microphone to your device, or use a device with a built-in microphone. You also need to grant permission to access your microphone the first time you attempt to use it with ZenGengo.
1. Connect a microphone to your computer, or use a computer or device with an in-built microphone (iPhone pictured for illustrative purposes, actual microphone locations may differ):
2. Note that in noisy environments, you may achieve better results with a headset mounted microphone:
3. Ensure the mic is switched on and connected to your computer correctly:
4. Start the audio recording or speech recognition activity by clicking on the Mic button (Speaking Drill activity pictured for illustrative purposes)
5. Grant permission to access your microphone the first time you do an audio recording or speech recognition activity (Mozilla Firefox browser interface pictured for illustrative purposes, actual interface may differ):
6. Speak clearly and at a moderate speed and volume. Speaking too loudly, too quietly, too quickly, or too slowly may distort the recording or generate inaccurate speech recognition results.